Thrive – using gardening to change lives
At Thrive, we are passionate about the health benefits that gardening, horticulture and spending time in nature can bring.
We are a leading UK charity with over 40 years’ experience of an approach called social and therapeutic horticulture (STH). We want to help people with varying needs to access therapeutic gardening programmes and use gardening as part of personal health and wellbeing management.
We do this by:
- Supporting our client gardeners through programmes at our 3 regional centres in Reading, Birmingham and London
- Delivering training courses so people can go on to practice Social and Therapeutic Horticulture and other forms of Green Care
- Sharing our knowledge freely to reach as many people as possible through the ‘Get Gardening’ section of our website, our Gardening Club newsletters and our various publications
Who to contact
- 0118 988 5688 0118 988 5688
- Thrive Get Gardening
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- The Geoffrey Udall Centre
RG7View RG7 on a map
Reading is Thrive's Head Office.
Get Gardening is available nationwide, offering advice to help use gardening to support physical and mental wellbeing.
You can also contact us to find out about Social and Therapeutic Horticultural Projects (STH) near you.
- Referral not required