Library events for all the family!
Cumberland Council's Library Service is hosting a variety of fantastic events over the coming weeks.
The Summer Reading Challenge continues to play an important part in the event schedule. It’s not too late to sign up to the challenge, though you don’t need to have entered to join in on the fun! There are a range of activities taking place throughout our libraries, aimed at different age groups. All these events are totally free! Event details are available on Eventbrite.
Below is a taster of the other events taking place in Cumberland Libraries over the coming weeks.
- Tullie on Tour at Keswick Library - Friday 18 August between 10.30am – 12pm. Discover objects from the Museum's collection and find out about the exciting things happening at Tullie. This free event brings heritage to the community. Everyone is welcome!
- Lego and Duplo Workshop at Carlisle Library – Tuesday 22 August between 10.30am – 11.30am. Free drop-in session. Join in and get creative with Lego and Duplo. This event is part of the Summer Reading Challenge series. For ages 3-12 years, children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wordsworth Grasmere Free Family Workshops - Children and their parents/carers are invited to join one of the Wordsworth Grasmere Free Family Workshops. Workshops include different sessions aimed at different age ranges. Come along to discover how tourism and travel has changed over the past 200 years, explore the difference William Wordsworth made, and learn about the underwater life in our lakes through craft and poetry. All dates, times and locations are available on Eventbrite.
- Databank Surgery - Struggling to afford an internet connection or to top up your mobile phone? If you’re 18+ years old and from a low-income household, you may be eligible for a free mobile sim card which includes 20GB of data and unlimited UK calls and texts. Pop along to one of our Databank Surgeries to discover more. Locations, dates, and times available on Eventbrite.
- Murder Mystery nights – Get involved in the fun and work together to solve the mystery! Hosted by Highly Suspect, one of the UK's leading Murder Mystery Event Companies. Events start at 7pm. Tickets are £9 per adult and £5 per child. Suitable for children aged 8+ as part of a team accompanied by adults. Series of events to be hosted at Carlisle, Workington, Whitehaven, and Millom Libraries. Taking place in October, book your space now on Eventbrite!
Cumberland Council Library Service also host a wide range of regular events, such as Baby Bounce, Toddler Time, Lego Club, Craft Club, English Conversation Group, Board games group, Knitting and craft club, Health and Wellbeing Coach Drop-ins and much more. Find out what’s on in your local library.
Councillor Anne Quilter, Cumberland Council Executive Member for Vibrant and Healthy Places, said;
“Why not visit your local library and try something new this summer? We've got Wordsworth Grasmere free family workshops, Tullie on Tour, Murder Mystery nights and much more! Our varied events schedule really does offer something for everyone, and everyone is welcome. Browse our events schedule on Eventbrite or drop into your local library to find out more.”