Anchor - independent living for over 55's - Solway Court
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit housing association providing housing, care and support to people over 55 years old.
Solway Court is a purpose built scheme there is 7 one bedroom apartments (2 people) 21 studio apartments (single occupancy) we pride ourselves on providing customers with a warm, safe and comfortable environment. The scheme is fitted with a 24 - hour emergency call and secure door entry system.
Keeping your independence is important to us. You are free to decorate your apartment as you wish should your needs change we are on hand to advise and assist with any alterations you may need.
We have a lift, communal lounge, communal outdoor seating area and communal laundry.
We offer a variety of activities which you could attend if you wanted to join others.
Activities - monthly - coffee morning, brunch club, pie and peas supper with bingo, fish and chip supper and friendly Friday. We also hold regular themed afternoon tea's in the communal lounge and regular trips out.
Age UK hold their Day Centre in our lounge every Tuesdays and Thursday (charge applicable)
Close to the scheme we have:
• A bus service that takes you to Workington to connect with a service that would take you to the lakes, buses also run to Whitehaven and Carlisle.
• Shops, cafes and banks.
• Opticians, dentist, and doctors surgery.
• Nice scenic walks around the dock area and marina.
• The aquarium, wave centre both have a cafe on site and the maritime and history museums are close by.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- alison oglanby
- Contact Position
- Team Manager
- 01900 815418 01900 815418
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- solway court
CA15View CA15 on a map
you will find us up the top end of crosby street up near flemming square/market place we are opposite the catholic church
- Age Ranges
- 55 years and over