Hft's Family Carer Support Service
Hft’s Family Carer Support Service (FCSS) is a free information and support service for family carers with an autistic relative or a relative with a learning disability. To avail of our service, their relative must be aged 16 years or older and living in England.
How can the Family Carer Support Service help you?
We can help in the following ways:
- Ongoing one-to-one support via telephone and email
- Email and letter writing
- Resources designed to simplify complicated topics
- Bespoke workshops about subjects affecting family carers and their relative
- Information and guidance with common topics
Common topics include:
- Adult social care
- Carers’ rights
- Personal budgets, direct payments and care packages
- Financial contributions and disability related expenditure
- Transition from children’s to adult services
- The Mental Capacity Act
- Lasting Power of Attorney, Deputyship, Appointeeship
- Planning for the future
If you are experiencing problems with any of the above, feel free to get in touch and we’ll see if we can help. Take a look at the ways you can Contact Us.
Our Freephone line (0808 801 0448) is available between 9.30am to 4.00pm, Monday to Thursday.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Jo Marie Shanks
- Contact Position
- 0808 801 0448 0808 801 0448
- FCSS Webpage
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
BS16View BS16 on a map