4 Eden (Formally Eden Mencap) is a local charity which provides support services throughout the Eden Valley and Keswick from our offices based in Penrith. Our services and businesses provide bespoke support for children, young people and adults, who have additional learning needs.
We believe in supporting individuals to access and integrate within the local community and enable to access the wider community, by assisting individuals with social skills and providing the opportunity to live and experience an ordinary life, as independently as possible.
Skilled and experienced staff trained to meet individual needs, are at the forefront to our services.
A brief overview, please contact us for a chat:
4Eden believes that support at home should be just that. We enable people to live in a home of their choice with people who they choose to live with. We support the person within their assessed level of needs, developing independent living skills to enable people to achieve their goals, explore opportunities, increase independence and reach their potential.
4Eden provides a range of group and individual activities based within designated buildings and using local community resources. The aim of these is to support and promote independence, social and employable skills. People will be supported to work towards individual and group outcomes.
- Grow It / Bake It / UDo It – (GBU)
- Bake 4Eden – Learn to bake. Customer service skills
- Café 4Eden – Our own café. Open to the public
- Fix It 4Eden – Our gardening & DIY service
- Brew 4Eden – In Planning
- 1:1 / 2:1 support to meet identified needs
- Support at home and in the community
- Working towards goals, independence and potential
We provide a variety of services to children aged 0 – 19.
- Under 8’s sitting service
- Children’s outreach
- Short breaks for 8-19 year olds
- Children’s football
- Respite support
- Friendship sessions
We can provide support for your child in the following ways:
- At Home
- In the community
- To access local facilities
- To meet with friends
- To attend after school clubs/sports clubs
- To work towards long term goals/ personal achievements
- To work towards short term goals/ personal achievements
- Young people development & transition
- To transition to adult services
Commissioning our Services
We provide services for:
- Parents / Carers
- Commissioners / Social workers
There are 4 ways in which the services you need can be arranged:
- Direct Payment: you can arrange your own services in the way you prefer
- Care Managed: held by Social care
- Personal budgets and Individual Service Fund: this can be held by social care, you or 4Eden
- Private Contract: if statutory does not meet your requirements
Please contact us for an initial discussion about your requirements. We are able to provide the service you need in a variety of settings.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Jacqui Taylor
- Contact Position
- 01768 892014 01768 892014
- Scan to visit this website
Alternatively you could email us using the options below:
Where to go
CA11View CA11 on a map
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type