Situated in the Lake District National Park, Cumbria Outdoors has over 60 years of delivering high quality outdoor education, adventures, and experiences to children, young people, and adults.
We have a varied range of high-quality exciting activities, all led by our qualified and experienced outdoor education leaders. Based at Hawse End Centre and Hawse End Cottage situated on the shores of Derwentwater, and Scarness Campsite situated on Bassenthwaite Lake, we have easy access for all our water activities. We are also surrounded by Cumbria's stunning fells, crags and ghylls, for mountain walking, rock climbing, abseiling, and ghyll scrambling. All our sites have their own extensive grounds for our on-site activities, so there really is a lot to choose from.
At Cumbria Outdoors we understand that one size doesn't always fit, and we appreciate the increasing pressure on budgets. Whether just visiting us for the day or coming to us for a residential visit, from your first point of contact right through to delivery, our experienced team of administrators, housekeepers and outdoor education leaders will look after you and ensure your experience is personal to everyone in your group, from meal choices to bedrooms, activities to transport, we've got it covered.
We have a wide range of costings depending on season, group size, specific ratio of leader to participant ratio, choice of activity, use of minibuses etc, the best thing to do is to ask us and we will cost your programme of activities to suit your requirements.
Here are some sample prices based on our most popular bookings:
• Low season (Nov - Feb) A group of 30 children, 3 adults doing a 2-night, 3-day residential with activities total prices from £130 per child.
• Peak season (May - July) A group of 30 children, 3 adults doing a 2-night, 3-day residential with activities total prices from £170 per child.
• Day visit (all year round) A half day from £22.60 per child, full day £36.50 per child. KS1 prices vary.
• Adults Residential; 1 free staff member/adult per 10 children. Day visit; adults no additional cost.
We offer full day visits, and on occasions half day visits and evenings. Our residentials, are usually for a duration of 3 days and 2 nights, or 5 days and 4 nights. We also off 2 days and 1 night residentials to those groups who have additional needs or are unfamiliar with being away from home.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Natalie Benson or Lyndsey Guest
- 01768 812280 01768 812280
- Cumbria Outdoors Website
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Hawse End Centre
CA13 0TEView CA13 0TE on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- We are open all year round, term time and holidays, weekends and public holidays. Availability is subject to demand.