Communication Specialist College - Doncaster
We are a leading national specialist college for those with communication needs including Deafness/Hearing Impairment, Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Learning Disabilities and Difficulties.
We have day and residential places available for students and provide pathway programmes that are tailored to each individual students needs in a highly supportive environment.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Tracey Jamison
- Contact Position
- Deputy Principal
- 01302 386700 01302 386700
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Communication Specialist College Doncaster
DN2 6AYView DN2 6AY on a map
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Referrals can be through Transition Services, Mental Health Services, Social Services, Schools and Colleges.
Parents and young people are encouraged to arrange a visit and look round to discuss the young person’s needs.
To learn more, or to apply please contact admissions on 01302 386700 or email email@example.com
- Other notes
Communication Specialist College Doncaster provides individual programmes of study for students who are Deaf, hearing impaired, have an Autistic Spectrum Condition or a communication difficulty.
There are a wide range of vocational courses delivered in real work environments preparing students for the world of work. We have a multi-disciplinary approach with on-site therapists and specially trained staff. Students are supported to develop their social and independence skills in college and out in the local community. Our transition pathway ensures students are guided into their future lives with skills to reach their goals and aspirations.
We offer individually tailored assessments where academic, social and emotional, independence and behaviour needs are assessed.
We are a leading national vocational specialist college for those with communication needs. We have day and residential places available and provide pathway programmes that are tailored to each individual student’s needs in a highly supportive environment.
Communication Specialist College – Doncaster is a provider for young people (16 to 25 years of age) who have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) from across the country in the areas of:
- Deafness/Hearing Impairment
- Autistic Spectrum Conditions
Courses available include: media and office technology, computers, catering and hospitality, construction, horticulture, sports and leisure studies, hairdressing and beauty, health, education and social studies, motor vehicle and employability skills.
- Drama, rebound therapy, yoga, smILE therapy (Functional Communication and Social Skills for Deaf Students and Students with Special Needs), assertiveness, independent travel and supported work experience are also on offer.
The students are able to follow personalised timetables which meet their needs, wants and aspirations. The pathways provide opportunities to develop skills that enable students to participate as citizens within the community and where possible within the workplace.
- We have a two day assessment process where the academic, social and emotional, independence and behaviour needs are assessed.
- Referrals are through Participation and Transition Services, Mental Health Team, Social Services, Schools.
- Parents and students are encouraged to arrange a visit and look round to discuss the young person’s needs.
To learn more, or to apply please contact
Sharon Rhodes on 01302 386700 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name
- Sharon Rhodes
- Contact Telephone
- 01302 386700
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands